My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Monday, October 18, 2010


As of this morning we've raised over $2,200 for LAF in less than a week. Needless to say I'm truly moved by everyone's generosity and support -- it means the world to me.

As for my training -- yesterday I completed my longest run in the training program (20 miles). As you can see from the graph below I was maintaining a solid pace up until the last 2 miles. The humorous thing is that the last stretch was along a parade route and a number of kids commented to their parents -- "is that guy ok?". :)



On a more serious note, last night I received the unfortunate news that one of my father's colleagues (and family friend) was diagnosed with cancer. He is in my thoughts and prayers -- if anyone can overcome adversity it's him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will triumph on race day Superman!!

Love Always,

Your Sister :)