My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicago Marathon Time, Race Day Shirt & New Sponsor


The Chicago Marathon is this Sunday and I couldn't be more excited. Family and friends will be cheering me on along the race route which means the world to me. It has been pretty full on the past 2 months with work, fundraising and training....but already this has been one of the most rewarding experiences. I truly have been touched by everyone's support, your personal stories and generosity.

New Corporate Sponsor:
Sun Cupid officially became my lead sponsor as of this week. They are a factory in China that I worked closely with in the past. Kerwin Wong, one of Sun Cupid's employees continues to battle an aggressive form of cancer and they wanted to show him their unified support. With their pledged donation we have raised well over $6,350 for LAF! I want to thank Sun Cupid for their generous donation and continued support/friendship.

Race Day Shirt:
I have finalized the design of my race day shirt and pick it up from the printer on Friday. Below is a rendering I created. I went to great lengths to make sure I spelled the names and categorized them correctly. If for some reason I made an error please accept my sincere apology and let me know.
Training:
Last week I posted that I had only 6 mile long run...my wife reminded me it was 8 miles. :) Needless to say I enjoyed going for a run that didn't take up the better part of a day. Chris and I did a short 3 mile run together which felt good. Next long run is the actual marathon (26.2 miles).



Fundraising:
In just over two months we have raised over $6,350 (with the pledged donation from a corporate sponsor). I will know in December if LAF has selected me for the Boston Marathon team. If I am not, then I will run another marathon and continue fundraising for them.

No comments: