My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Less Than 2 Weeks Until Chicago!

Less than two weeks remain until the Chicago Marathon. I'm really excited and ready for the big day. I will be getting my Chicago Marathon race day shirt printed early next week so the deadline is Sunday evening to provide names for me to add. The fundraising continues to go well and as of today we've raised nearly $5,300 (including check donations in transit to LAF).

My hope is to exceed $6,000 in donations before the start gun goes off in Chicago in 12 days with the help of a new corporate sponsor. Looking forward to making an announcement early next week.

Training Update:
I completed my long run of the week Tuesday before work with 12 miles. I was in San Jose for a trade show and returned home Sunday evening. I was really tired from the trip so I had to make-up my traditional Sunday long run later in the week than usual. Next week I face an enjoyable long run before the marathon, 6 miles.


Fundraising Update:
In less than 2 months we have raised nearly $5,300 for LAF! We are 21% of the way there to accomplishing the goal of raising $25,000. With the addition of another corporate sponsor we will be that much closer.



No comments: