My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Monday, September 8, 2008

$3,800 Raised & 18 Mile Long Run

As of this morning we reached $3,800 in donations in just over a month. My hope is to reach the $4,000 mark by early next week. Thank you to everyone for their continued generosity and support.

I went on my 18 mile long run yesterday. Tropical Storm Hanna rolled through New England the night before with little to no drama, so to my surprise things were drier than expected. I now have an unofficial corporate sponsor to announce. A Mobil gas station in Cambridge saved me at mile 16 with an open restroom. Needless to say Mobil was clutch in me concluding a successful and uneventful run. :)

Training Update:
I completed my long run of the week yesterday afternoon with 18 miles. Next week I step down the mileage to 14 miles.



Fundraising Update:
In just over a month we've raised $3,800 for LAF! The minimum I need to raise for each marathon is $3,500 ($7,000 total). Thanks to your generous support I have met my minimum requirement to run in the Chicago Marathon.


Today 65% of adults diagnosed with cancer will be alive five years after diagnosis, up from 50% in the 1970s.
(Source: American Cancer Society)

No comments: