My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Monday, September 22, 2008

20 Mile Run & 3 Weeks Until Chicago

I was able to complete the 20 mile long run yesterday. I've been super busy at work the last couple of weeks so I haven't been able to get my weekly mileage in. It took a bit of self motivation to get Paula Radcliffe (on my Nike+ iPod) to say, "Congratulations this is your longest run yet".

I took a new route and ended my run about 2.5 mile from the train stop and 3.5 miles from home. Thankfully my wife was home and was willing to pick me up at the local Trader Joe's.

With only 3 weeks left until the Chicago Marathon I will begin tapering (can't wait). Next week my long run will be 12 miles and the following week 6 miles. I'm ready to let my muscles recover.

Training:
I completed my long run of the week yesterday afternoon with 20 miles. It took a bit out of me but after consuming about 12-14 ounces of pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner...I'm recovering nicely (thanks to Chris). For the next 3 weeks I begin to taper before the marathon.

Fundraising:
While we didn't top last week's fundraising high of $1,000....things are going great. My hope is to reach over $5,000 in donations by next week.

Currently, 1,500 Americans per day die from cancer.
(Source: American Cancer Society)

No comments: