My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

15 Mile Tour of Boston

The long runs are getting longer and longer and much tougher. Last night I ran 15 miles and along the way took a nice nighttime tour of Boston. My muscles are barking at me this morning and will need to start stretching a few times a day now to avoid injury.


As tough as the run was I enjoyed running along the Charles River that weaves throughout the city. It truly is a beautiful city with so much going on. Even at 10 PM there were so many people out and about enjoying the beautiful weather with a nearly full moon.


Beyond completing the long run, the high point of the evening was having my wife back home again (she’s been traveling on business).


Training Update:
I completed my long run of the week last night with 15 miles and a few blisters (next week 16 miles).


Fundraising Update:
The fundraising continues to go great. With the article in Friday’s Oxford Press combined with the ¼ page ad I purchased, I’m hopeful to cross the $2,000 mark by early next week.


The overall cost for cancer last year was $206 billion, which includes $78 billion for medical bills, $18 billion for lost productivity from the illness, and $110 billion due to lost productivity from premature death. (Source: American Cancer Society)

No comments: