My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Two Months Until the Chicago Marathon

It’s official, less than two months until the Chicago Marathon (October 12th)! It’s hard to believe how fast this summer has flown by.

This weekend my wife and I are heading to Cleveland to visit one of my best friends. He’s a huge inspiration to me for this fundraising effort (battled an aggressive form of colon cancer and has been cancer free now for over 6 years). It will be exciting to catch up with him.


Training Update:
I completed my long run of the week Wednesday night with 10 miles (next week 15 miles). Despite some tight muscles I’m feeling really good.


Fundraising Update
:
The fundraising is going great and can not say thank you enough for everyone’s support. With pledged donations we are well on our way to the $2,000 mark! I purchased a ¼ page ad in my hometown newspaper for next week, so we’ll see what happens.


Nearly 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will develop cancer during their lifetime
Source: American Cancer Society

No comments: