My Motivation & Why LAF

The Lance Armstrong Foundation Unites People to Fight Cancer
Cancer is something everyone should be united to overcome. Cancer does not discriminate: no matter your age, race, gender, wealth, fitness level and/or where you live in the world. The LAF takes on any form of cancer via education, care & research.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fundraising Campaign Begins Today


Welcome to my blog where you can track my fundraising and training progress. The fundraising campaign kicks off today (with an email campaign at my office) and I’m truly excited about what lies ahead. The goal is to raise $25,000 or more between two marathons (Chicago Marathon and Boston Marathon) for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

While fundraising has just begun, my training program has reached the halfway mark for the Chicago Marathon. Last night I completed my long run of the week (13.1 miles). To put things in perspective, 13.1 miles is just a half marathon and took me a little under 2 hours to run.


Cancer Fact of the Week: 560,000 Americans are expected to die from cancer this year, or more than 1,500 per day.

To Make A Donation: http://www.livestrong.org/grassroots2008/scottvogel

No comments: